Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's 2013

Happy Valentine's Day! This holiday is one of my favorites. You get to go a little out of your way and give a little extra love to the people you love most - what could be better than that?

Remember how I spent $10 on Valentine's sprinkles from Wal-Mart on an impulse buy? Well, I had to use them. I also bought a box of foam stickers from Target on an impulse purchase (along with two new swimsuits...whoops.) that had to be used as well.

Bring the two together? Valentine's are born!


I have a killer sugar cookie recipe that I may or may not take to the grave with me. They come out soft and chewy and not-so-sweet, perfect for paring with the right frosting. I whipped these bad boys up last night and only used a fraction of my V-day sprinkles! There will be many more cookies with heart shaped sprinkles now.

It's a little known fact, but I'm a sucker for those big pink cookies. You know the ones I'm talking about. 800 calories of pink frosted goodness, washed down with a cold Dr. Pepper. THAT is true love.


I really love how these turned out. I had white cardstock and cellophane bags on hand, so I just added a little here and there to spice things up. And of course, the project wouldn't be complete without some mustache action.

I hope your day is filled with a little extra love!
XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Omg you’re making me hungry, it looks so yummy!
    Much love,
    Wengie
    http://www.wengie.com

    ReplyDelete