Thursday, July 22, 2010

Give Thanks.

It's been a while. But I'm back.
And with so many things on my mind.

Tonight, whilst I sit here in my clashing pink T and blue basketball shorts,
I've decided it's time to give thanks.



what does that even mean?

According to Dictionary.com, the definition of 'thankful' is:


thank-ful [thangk-fuhl]
-adjective
feeling or expressing gratitude; appreciative.


When you look at it like that, there are a lot of times where you feel thankful for something. Or you should. Often times, I am thankful for many things, but seldom do I ever express it. It is time to change that. Here are some things I would like to give thanks for.




BABY GURRRRL
[a.k.a. Heatherlynn Peterson]

I am so thankful for this girl. We actually met when we were very little through dance. Even though we don't remember each other. But she is absolutely amazing. I am thankful for:

-our late night heart to hearts in my drive way, which always leave me feeling so much better no matter how sour my mood was before.

-that noise she can make that no one else can! It's especially great when I lose her or vice versa. Comes in very handy.

-the fact that she will drive me places. Even when she doesn't have the gas to do it. And I feel like a huge schmuck every time I have to text the words "Baby gurrrrl, I need a favor...", but she does it without complaining.

-her opinion on anything. She is the most non judgemental person I know. Completely supportive and accepting of anything and everything you want to do, even if it seems impossible. She gives great advice and I am so thankful I have her to help me sort out lifes many problems.

-her knowledge. Whether it's about school or boys or life, she is brilliant. And you'd have to be brilliant for me to let you poke me with a needle. Even though I cried about it the whole time.

-this picture. Even though she hates it. :] Sorry baby gurrrrl. But it's possibly one of my favorites. I am so thankful that we have become such great friends and we can act like this together.



ALASKA
[a.k.a. Eric Perry]


This kid is great. And I mean really great. Seven years of school together, three different schools and some great memories during the process. In the case of Eric, I am thankful for:


-"ALASKA!!!!!" This word will continue to put a smile on my face well into my sixties. Probably even longer than that. I'm also glad that no matter where I am (i.e. church, school, any public place) I will yell this out whenever I see anything that has to do with the state. Someday, I will go there.


-science class memories with Mrs. Moon, Mr. Gardner, and Ms. Bigney. And all those sarcasticly mean e-mails that were sent back and forth between 'hotdogzrock' and 'purpleeric'.


-the fact that we could talk about anything and everything. Anakin and her braid, when everyone on team practically hated my guts, boys, girls, life in general. He was more than just my partner. He was one of my best friends.


-memories like: right shoulders are mortal enemies!! BOOOOOOOOO!!!! our swan open costume, every dysfunctional lesson we ever had ever, that time he almost ran me into the mirror on purpose, when we were tied together, and giving him his moustache when he was Zorro.



-learning that you don't have to win to feel like a winner. I can't count the number of times we didn't place. But that didn't matter. We always left the dance floor knowing we tried and danced our best, and we had fun while doing it. It didn't matter to us that we weren't the best. What mattered is that we had the Best Standard Partnership Ever. And to me, that is most definetely something to be thankful for.




Bold
JACKIE
[a.k.a. Jensen Astle]

So. Much. Fun. I love this girl. Even though 'she's not that great.'
There are a lot of things I am thankful for when it comes to Jackie.


-Ms. Adams english class. I don't think I would have had the motivation to go unless it was for Jensen. She convinced Ms. Adams I was either pregnant or had cancer. Pretty sure she believed both at one point. And she B.S'd the entire personal narrative. And got away with it.


-the fact that we can talk about ANYTHING. And when I say that, I mean it.


-sharing important moments in our lives. School, work, dance. We love to be able to share these important things with each other and have them mean something to one another.


-the fact that she'll call me and tell me that she signed me up for orientation with her. Just so we didn't have to do college alone.


-waking up to picture messages that are both random and hilarious. Today's, for instance? A picture in a coloring book of Jack and Gus Gus.

-how much I missed her when she went to California. It's true that absence makes the heart grow fonder. I'm also thankful for the fact that we called each other practically every day, and the shenanigans continued even though she was gone. How DO dinosaurs make babies?!?


-her and I becoming the friends that we are today. I didn't think Jensen and I would ever be this close. Sometimes our personalities clash. But I'm so glad that we are great friends. I love having her in my life and I am thankful for everything she means to me.





JAAAAMES...
[a.k.a. James Bounous]
Sigh. Yes. As much as I hate to admit it, I am indeed thankful for this kid. Deep, deep deeeeeep down. And for those of you who know me, you know just how much I hate to admit it. But there are reasons for this:

-the fact that he what I consider one of my best guy friends. Even when he yells at me to make him a sandwich. Which I refuse to ever do.

-his constant ability to make me laugh. Even when I don't want to. And continue to laugh until I snort. And then he keeps going.

-texting conversations from way back when, when I first met him.

-the fact that he is always such a gentleman. Having grown up with all sisters, he definetely knows a thing or two about girls and how to treat them. Although I still don't know where he picked up the sandwich thing.

-he's always telling me to calm down. Sometimes we are such polar opposites that we just don't get what the other person is saying. And I have been told many times, especially by him, that I'm an angry person. But in an odd way, I'm thankful for that. It makes me realize when I'm overreacting and just being dramatic. Still doesn't stop me from hitting him, though.

-his talent. He is definetely a jack of all trades when it comes to performing, and I've always been amazed with anything he does.

-our sarcastic relationship. I don't think I've ever been a meaner person to someone I actually like. I'm incredibly rude to him 90% of the time. But that's fine, because he's rude right back. Between the fat pictures of me and unflattering ones he's put on Facebook, all the times he's told me to peel him a grape, and me telling him I hate him, you would never be able to tell that I care about this kid a lot. He certainly wouldn't be able to. And I am most definetely thankful for that.

-all the time I've gotten to spend with him. I'm so thankful for this, because two years is a long time, and so much can change. He is honestly one person I am so glad I met, because my life would definetely not be the same without him. Russia better not destroy him. That's my job.

BENNETT
[a.k.a. Nicole Evensen]


There are so many things to be thankful for with Nicole. We met my junior year on ballroom, and became the best of friends. Even through all the crap that I put her through, somehow we've still managed to keep that friendship. Since I know you're stalking my blog right now, Nicole, I'm thankful for:


-late night ventings in Kronk. There were so many times I probably would have exploded internally if it weren't for you.


-the fact that you, like Heather, will drive me anywhere I need to go. That is something you shouldn't have to do, but you do it anyway. And I am so thankful for that. Someday soon, it will be me driving you everywhere your heart desires.


-this picture of us, because it describes our exact relationship. Also that time where we took a million and fifty pictures of us on your Macbook, because those are and will always be priceless.


-your amazing talent as a dancer. Watching you dance and practice with Zach shows a level of dedication and committment most only dream of. It's inspiring to me, if I ever get a partner of my own.


-the fact that you and Ryan have finally worked everything out, and you've found someone you truly care about. I'm thankful for that because if there was ever anyone who deserved to be happy, it's you.


-late night food/Wal-mart/E-6000 runs.


-the fact that we can talk about basically nonsense and yet it is still important somehow.


-all the times you came and rescued me from my house when things started to fall apart. You will never know how truly thankful I am for those times. You were something strong to lean on when everything else around me was falling it felt like. And you never once complained even though I know I'm a pain to live with and I have a huge attitude. You let me sleep on your floor and use your things and for that, and your friendship, I am eternally grateful.


-even though you and I have had some pretty bad falling outs, we've still managed to be friends. I'm so thankful for that, because you are honestly one of the most important people in my life right now. And I'm thankful that you stalk my blog because it means you care. :] You too, Heather.






There are so many other people that I am thankful for:


Collin: for always being there for me to talk to, although it's gotten terribly difficult with him in Mexico, and for opening some of the doors for me on my path to joining the church. I am so thankful for him.



The Wakefields: because without them I wouldn't have found my passion for ballroom dance and I most definetely would have lost my mind my senior year of high school. They are two people I am so fortunate to have become close to in my life.



Nanette: for being the friend that I don't talk to very often and don't see as much, but I still love with all my heart. She is great to talk to about ANYTHING, and I regret not becoming better friends with her sooner. I am thankful we have become friends now.



My family: because if it wasn't for them, people would REALLY think I'm crazy. And besides, no matter how much we have to go through, we can all deal with it together, and I'm thankful for that. No one should have to go it alone.



Nate Warner: without whom, I would not have graduated high school. I am immensely thankful for this man. Even though I now owe him- cupcakes for life, invitations to my baptism and wedding, and my first born child.



My Sears family: they make life at work bearable. E'lyse (for being such an amazing woman), Joe (my human punching bag), Bentley (provides hours of entertainment and beard-mocking opportunities), Mitchell (when he was there), Kayla (because she is the coolest boss EVER.), Jessica (because we can dish about life, love and everything in between and I love her!) and everyone else there who isn't annoying or an escaped convict.



All the friends I haven't mentioned: for being the most amazing people I could know.



and



All the friends I haven't met yet: for being out there waiting for me.


There are so many things to be thankful for in life. These are just a few people that I feel deserve to be recognized.


I love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment